Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods warrants that the factory applied WearPlus finish will not wear through or peel under normal use for 25 years from
installation. “Wear through” is defined as complete loss of finish wear layer and “normal use” means those activities associated with residential
use. Gloss reduction, surface scratches and indentations in traffic areas are not considered wear through and can be corrected with recoating.
The 25 Year Limited Residential Warranty is valid under the following conditions:
- The floor must be properly installed in accordance with Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods installation instructions.
- The floor must be properly maintained in accordance with acceptable industry standards and Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods maintenance guidelines.
- The floor must be installed indoors in a climate controlled environment with relative humidity maintained at 35% to 55%.
Lifetime Limited Structural Warranty
Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods warrants that your floor will be free from manufacturing defects for the life of the product when used under normal household
conditions. This warranty covers manufacturing defects in milling, dimension and grade and provides that the product will not:
- Separate or delaminate at the plies
If you have a warranty claim
Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods will, at its option, repair the affected planks, replace the affected planks or issue a credit for the full price
of the material in question. Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods will pay reasonable labor for the removal and reinstallation of a new floor that was
professionally installed at a rate not to exceed $5.00 per square foot total.
Contact the retailer where your floor was purchased to assist you in correcting the situation. If your floor was provided by your builder or
another third party please contact Montage Floors/FEA Hardwoods at 310-822-7771 for your warranty claim.
Montage Floors Floor Care Instructions
- Wood flooring can only be installed in climate controlled environments where the room temperature is maintained between 60 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity is between 35% and 55% at all times.
- Keep loose debris off your floor by sweeping and vacuuming regularly.
- Remove spills promptly by using a soft cloth.
- Use and maintain furniture casters properly.
- Wood is a natural product and will age accordingly.
- Exposure to sunlight and UV rays will fade the floor.
- Vacuum or sweep with a soft-bristle broom regularly, especially before using floor cleaners, to prevent gritty dirt and particle buildup that can scratch the wood’s surface.
- Don’t use vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head.
- Use ice to harden tough substances such as candle wax or chewing gum and gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card to remove. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
- Do not wet-mop, damp-mop, or clean your floor with water or other liquids.
- Do not use hardwood floor-cleaning or buffing machines or steam cleaners.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax, silicon or ammonia, or other household products containing oil (such as citrus, lemon or tung oil), to clean floor.
- Do not use harsh cleaning aids such as steel wool pads, or any scouring pads containing metal or scouring powders.
- Do not use 2-in-1 cleaners with polish that may contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss.
What is not covered:
The warranty does not cover conditions caused by improper use or maintenance.
- Reduction in gloss, scuff marks, scratches, gouges, dents or cuts including, without limitation those caused by pets.
- Damage caused by negligence, accidents, misuse, or abuse (i.e. moving objects across the floor without protection.)
- Wear caused by abrasive material or failure to maintain the floor as required.
- Damage caused by castor wheels or a vacuum cleaner beater bar.
- Damaged caused by furniture that is not supported by protectors. Protectors are to be at least one inch in diameter, made of non-staining felt or non-pigmented hard plastic, rest flat on the floor and replaced regularly.
- Splits, cracks, checks, edge fracturing, splintering, or chipping that occur during or after the floor has been installed and as a result of abuse, misuse, improper maintenance or care, exposure to excessive moisture or improper environmental conditions like low or high humidity are not covered by this warranty. The use of a humidifier/dehumidifier may be necessary to maintain the proper humidity level between 35% and 55%.
- Wood floors installed in full bathrooms with a tub or shower.
- Damage caused by flood, fire or other natural disaster or Acts of God.
- A change in color due to aging or exposure to natural sunlight or Ultra Violet rays is not considered a defect. Area rugs should be moved occasionally and rubber back rugs should never be used.
- Color, shade and/or texture variations between samples, printed color photography or replacement flooring and the actual material.
- Color variations between flooring samples and actual product.
- Deficiencies related to subfloor/floor joist assemblies, subfloor preparation materials and fasteners including, but not limited to uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection, voids in the subfloor or movement in the subfloor.
- Noises including, but not limited to, squeaks, popping, cracking, etc.
- Natural wood characteristics such as variations in grain, color, texture, mineral streaks, knots, normal differences between color of samples and the color of the installed floors, and color variations from board to board.
- Natural expansion and contraction resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by low or excessive humidity.
- Floors that are installed in other than owner or tenant occupied spaces.
- Residential products installed in commercial applications.
- Construction or installation related damage.
- Damage caused by subfloor moisture, including but not limited to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding, wet mopping, spills or weather conditions.
- Floors installed with obvious manufacturing defects. It is your and the installers responsibility to inspect the flooring prior to installation for manufacturing defects, correct color, width, size, etc. We accept no responsibility for claims or expenses including labor cost where floor was installed with visible defects, the wrong color, width or size.
- We exclude and will not be liable for or pay incidental, consequential or special damages under our warranty. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damage other than the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Our limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased.
NOTE: The majority of claims can be resolved within 30 days of the receipt of the claim by FEA Hardwoods and some claims may require additional attention.
Industry standards in due diligence is required to resolve all claims. This may include inspections by our representatives and/or certified flooring i
nspectors to determine the nature of the issue.